Corporate-DetailDetailview · Contact · Imprint/Legal notice
header

Ad-hoc News / Corporate News

05.10.2017
Ecommerce Alliance AG reinforces portfolio with take-over of Mountain Internet AG – another milestone on the way to a leadership position in digital asset management in Germany

·      Full acquisition of Mountain Internet AG from Mountain Partners AG

·      Substantial addition of eight digital shareholdings to the ECA portfolio

·       Mountain Partners attains majority share holdings of ECA

 

Munich / St. Gallen, October 5, 2017 – Ecommerce Alliance AG (ECA, ISIN DE000A12UK08) and the Swiss company Mountain Partners AG successfully deepen their cooperation with this third, previously announced step. ECA and Mountain Partners are bundling additional holdings in more mature digital companies under a common leadership in accordance with their new strategic direction. The goal is to develop Ecommerce Alliance AG into a leading digital asset management firm in Germany.

Ecommerce Alliance AG has taken over Mountain Internet AG from their strategic partner Mountain Partners AG in its entirety for exactly that purpose. The take-over of Mountain Internet AG bolsters the ECA portfolio substantially with eight promising digital shareholdings.

“The Mountain Internet portfolio represents an enormous boost for ECA in terms of the maturity and the business models of the companies. With it, we have now reached another milestone on our joint path with Mountain Partners in terms of our strategic direction”, says Daniel Wild CEO of Ecommerce Alliance AG.

The ECA portfolio will now encompass renowned companies that will reinforce the ECA Brands and ECA Service companies in their further development. These include AlphaPet Ventures, the well-known operator of the premium pet care platforms www.petpremium.de and www.hundeland.de, the popular persons search engine yasni, the online language school Lingoda and Crealytics, a provider for automated search engine marketing.

“The new strategic alignment of the competence areas will have a value-add effect for both partners. Ecommerce Alliance will aggregate more mature shareholdings and portfolios under one roof with the objective of targeted further development. In the short term, ECA is maturing into a publicly listed holding company with a diverse digital portfolio, which makes it an exciting investment opportunity for public and private investors”, explains Daniel Wild.

Mountain Partners AG increases its share in Ecommerce Alliance AG from 31.9% to 50.1% in line with the sale of Mountain Internet AG to ECA. In a first step, the share capital of ECA is increased under exclusion of the purchase right of the shareholders from EUR 2,959,242 to EUR 4,035,330 by issuing 1,076,088 new shares. The new shares were subscribed in full by Mountain Partners AG, who in return bring in 62.6% of the shares of Mountain Internet AG into Ecommerce Alliance AG. The issue price for the new shares was EUR 7.50. The remaining 37.4% of Mountain Internet AG were purchased in the second step by Ecommerce Alliance AG in cash. Both parties agreed not to disclose the purchase price. This transaction completes the scheduled majority acquisition of ECA by the anchor shareholder Mountain Partners AG as announced on April 24 of this year.